This form is for letting SoundFont Authors register their latest submissions of SoundFonts to HammerSound.
You are probably here because you have uploaded a SoundFont to HammerSound's anonymous ftp server (after visiting this page).
Here's how you register one of your SoundFonts in the SoundFont Library:
- Enter the name of your SoundFont in the 'SoundFont Name' text-field. Include the filesize of the uncompressed SoundFont and the filesize of
the compressed SoundFont in paranthesis after the filename, separated by a ' ; '. If your SoundFont is called 'Big Brass' and is 2.1MB uncompressed and 1.6MB compressed, the correct name would be 'Big Brass [2.1MB; 1.6MB]'
- Select the correct SoundFont Category. You'll find a descriptions of the different categories here
- Enter the file name of your (compressed) soundfont in the 'SoundFont Filename' field (i.e. "Big_Brass.zip"). This is the name of the file you've just uploaded. It is very important that the typing is 100% correct. The simplest way to make sure of this is to copy and paste the file name from Windows Explorer.
- Enter a short and informative description of the SoundFont. 2-5 lines of text is sufficient. The form will not accept html tags.
- If you don't have an email address, or a homepage, just leave the field(s) blank
- Fill out the rest of the form.
- Take a deep breath and read through the form once again to make absolutely sure every field is filled out correctly, then press 'Submit the SoundFont' to update the Library.
- From the page that appears, go to the correct category, locate your SoundFont and check that your new entry has appeared (it'll be marked 'Temporarily Unavailable').
If it hasn't, please mail Thomas and let him know.
Your soundfont will be available for downloading when Thomas has had the chance to transfer it to the HammerSound mirrors.
This usually takes a day or two, depending on how busy he is at the moment
Complete the form to add a SoundFont to the Library
The complete HammerSound website, including all text, images, databases and the SoundFont Library, is copyright (c) 1997-1999 Thomas Hammer